Every girl thinks about her wedding day and all the rituals connected to it from the day her search for Mr. Perfect begins. Selecting a dream outfit for the most memorable days of your life can be a difficult job ever. You get to hear ten thousand suggestions but at the end of the day still confused. You are stressed, confused, excited, nervous, and basically overloaded with emotions. When you go shopping pressure is continuously on as you want to look flawless from head to toe at your wedding. So, here we are with simple wedding dresses ideas. The list contains everything from Formal black wedding dresses to heavy sharara and traditional saree.
Before enlisting the simple wedding dresses ideas for you let me tell you a few things you need to work on.
- Explore some websites, online bridal boutiques, magazines, etc. to figure out the latest trends.
- Decide your budget before you start shopping.
- Figure out the perfect timing before you shop for your wedding dress. Start early as designing and production of some outfits takes around 2 to 3 months. Also, you will need some time for the final alteration of your outfit and shop for accessories that go with your attire.
- Your outfit should go with the theme you decide for each function. Therefore, decide venue and theme of the function before you shop.
- Be open and clear with your stylist about what exactly you want or what are you looking for.
- Don’t go for the most expensive attire available in the shop. Start with the least expensive outfit option available then start scaling up. This way you will find you perfect attire that fits your budget and your expectation.
- Consider going shopping on weekdays instead of weekends as most of the shops are crowded on weekends, therefore, you will get lesser personal attention from the shop stylist.
- The process of finding the perfect wedding dress can be time-consuming so, stay calm and take breaks in the middle.
- Consider taking advice from your peers but avoid taking advice from too many people, as more people mean more confusion.
- Last but not least make sure you love your dream dress with all your heart before giving your final verdict as for some people this could be the most expensive piece of garment you will ever own or wear.
After giving you a brief overview of things you should keep in mind before you go shopping. Now, let me list out the key points which decide the overall look of your dress.
- Selection of fabric – Wide range of fabric options are available like net, Velvet, satin, Silk, Georgette, etc. velvet is a luxurious fabric and worth wearing if your wedding is going to be held in the winter season. Light weighted fabrics like georgette, and the net is the best choice for a warmer-season wedding.
- Type of work on fabric- Different types of work is done on fabrics like Stoneworkthat Diamond work, Zardozi work, Kasab, simple Embroidery, Thread work, etc. These can also be done in combination like a thread with stone work. It is decided on the basis of the fabric you select for your attire.
- Color selection – Shades of red are preferable as it is considered a color of a new life and a color that indicates happiness. But the latest fashion colors like bottle green, silver, white, baby pink, and royal blue is also trending. Full attire can be of a single color or you may go for color combinations like red and gold, red and cream, etc.
When you get all these three parameters clear in your mind the final choice begins that is what exactly you are going to wear.
6 Heavy and Simple wedding dresses ideas
- A bridal lehenga or Red wedding dress
Lehenga is one of the attire never goes out of fashion. It is a three-piece attire comprising of an ankle-length skirt that is sharara secured at the waist leaving mid-riff and back bare open and therefore paired with a choli or blouse or long shirt or kurta and heavily worked dupatta. Tailed sharara is trending these days in which a piece of heavily worked cloth is left behind and dragged by the floor. It is commonly worn by Asian brides specifically Indian and Pakistani brides. However many celebrities now consider wearing a red or rose gold wedding dress which could be a sharara with a simple or some elegant work on it. let me share some awesome red wedding dress suggestions for you.
- Black wedding dress
You may say a big no when I will recommend a black wedding dress. Usually, we prefer white for our big day outfit and black is the last option on the list which is not even worth considering but wait lemme tell you something. Black is the symbol of formality, sophistication, and elegance. You may show off your aesthetics in a black wedding dress to make the big day personalized and dedicated to yourself and not the world.
- Traditional wedding dresses and a bridal saree
Most people follow their culture and tradition at weddings. From performing rituals to deciding the attire for the bride and groom everything is done according to the tradition of their culture and religion. Therefore, wearing traditional attire according to your culture is one of the best choices.
A wedding sari is an attire commonly worn by Hindu or Christian brides. Colors like red, white, and green are mostly preferred. However, color options and fabrics used are expanded over the past few years. Traditional saris include Kanchipuram wedding sari, Banarasi sari, Resham sari, Bandhani sari, Aithani sari, Silk sari etc.
- Princess wedding dress or A white gown
A white gown or a princess wedding dress is the dream outfit for almost 90 percent of girls. If not on your big day then you will surely opt for this beautiful princess wedding dress for some other functions like a 2nd-day reception or for the pre-bridal photoshoot. A white gown is usually worn by Christian brides. However, you may break this religious barrier and opt for a princess wedding dress to live your dream to its fullest. A modern touch is given by selecting cut and style like fish cut, mermaid gown, tailed gown, etc.
- Alia Bhatt wedding dress or a white saree
Another simple yet elegant wedding dress idea on my list is a white saree. The popular Bollywood actress broke all the barriers and gave us this lesson about wearing a beautiful White saree. A white saree with beautiful golden embroidery on it may give you a royal look. Opt for some extraordinary heavy jewelry to get the overwhelming bride feeling.
- Blue and gold Wedding dress
Blue and golden is the combination that you may find in a bridal dress. But look at this blue and gold saree looks just flawless. It is simple yet elegant and your partner can easily coordinate with your dress color is like a cherry on the cake. If you don’t want to wear a heavy sharara or a gown then a saree is the best option that fulfills all your wedding dress requirements.