Attire Selection for your Wedding.
Wedding attire is the only dress you think about from your childhood but is it as easy as we think, or you roam in malls and still clueless. Here are few suggestions and tips you need to keep in mind before you start shopping.
Every girl thinks about her wedding day and all the rituals connected to it from the day search for her Mr. Perfect begin. Selecting dream outfit for most memorable days of your life can be a difficult job ever. You get to hear ten thousand suggestions but at the end of the day still confused. You are stressed, confused, excited, nervous, basically overloaded with emotions. When you go for shopping pressure is continuously on as you want to look flaw less from head to toe on your wedding. So, here we are to help you out to select your outfit and to give you the overview of outfit options available for you.
Photo by Raj Rana on Unsplash
Keep these things in mind before you begin your search for the flawless attire.
- Explore some websites, online bridal boutiques, magazines, etc. to figure out the latest trends.
- Decide your budget before you start shopping.
- Figure out perfect timing before you shop for your wedding attire. Start early as designing and production of some outfits takes around 2 to 3 months. Also, you will need some time for final alteration of outfit and shop for accessories that goes with your attire.
- Your outfit should go with the theme you decide for each function. Therefore, decide venue and theme of the function before you shop.
- Be open and clear with your stylist about what exactly you want or what are you looking for.
- Don’t go for most expensive attire available in the shop. Start with least expensive outfit option available then start scaling up. This way you will find you perfect attire that fits your budget and your expectation.
- Consider going for shopping on weekdays instead of weekends as most of the shops are crowded on weekends therefore you will get lesser personal attention from the shop stylist.
- The process of finding perfect attire can be time consuming so, stay calm and take breaks in the middle.
- Consider taking advice from your peers but avoid taking advice from too many people, as more people mean more confusion.
- Last but not the least make sure you love you dream dress with all your heart before giving your final verdict as for some people this could be the most expensive piece of garment you will ever own or wear.
After giving you a brief overview about things you should keep in mind before you go for shopping. Now, let me list out the options available.
- Selection of fabric – Wide range of fabric options are available like net, Velvet, satin, Silk, Georgette etc. velvet is luxurious fabric and worth wearing if your wedding is going to held in winter season. Light weighted fabrics like georgette, net is best choice for warmer season wedding.
- Type of work on fabric- Different type of works are done on fabrics like Stonework that is Diamond work, Zardozi work, Kasab, simple Embroidery, Thread work etc. These can also be done in combination like thread with stonework. It is decided on the basis of fabric you select for your attire.
- Color selection – Shades of red is preferable as it is considered as a color of a new life and a color that indicates happiness. But with latest fashion colors like bottle green, silver, white, baby pink, royal blue is also trending. Full attire can be of single color or you may go for color combination like red and gold, red and cream etc.
When you get all these three parameters clear in your mind the final choice begins that is what exactly you are going to wear.
- A bridal lehenga
Lehenga is the one of the attires whose trend never goes out of fashion. It is commonly worn by Asian bride specifically Indian and Pakistani brides. It is a three-piece attire comprising of ankle length skirt that is sharara secured at waist leaving mid-riff and back bare open and therefore paired with choli or blouse or long shirt or kurta and heavily worked dupatta. Tailed sharara is trending these days in which piece of heavily worked cloth is left behind dragged by the floor.
View this post on Instagram
Wedding sari is attire commonly worn by Hindu or Christian brides. Colors like red, white and green are mostly preferred. However, color options and fabrics used are expanded over the past few years. Traditional saris include Kanchipuram wedding sari, Banarasi sari, Resham sari, Bandhani sari, Aithani sari, Silk sari etc.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
- Traditional wedding attires
Most of the people follow their culture and tradition in weddings. From performing rituals to deciding the attire for bride and groom everything is done according to the tradition of their culture and religion. Therefore, wearing traditional attire according to your culture is one of the best choices. For example, white gown is worn by Christian brides. Modern touch is given by selecting cut and style like fish cut, or mermaid gown, tailed gown etc.
- Gharara dress
It is a modern version or a sibling of lehenga. Pair of wide legged pants fitted at knees followed by flare till the toes. It is paired with short kameez and a heavily worked dupatta. It is traditional attire but highly trending over the last few years.
- Floor touch heavy gown
Floor touch heavy gown is another option available for you. Wide range of color available with different designing styles like tailed gown, Floor touch gown, gowns with heavily worked jacket on top, three layered gowns with same color tone or different layers of colors etc.